Mafia
Welcome!

If you're not registered, then make sure to make an account and a welcome topic!

Introduce yourself on the chat too, located here:

https://mafiascrubs.forumotion.co.uk/h1-chat
Mafia
Welcome!

If you're not registered, then make sure to make an account and a welcome topic!

Introduce yourself on the chat too, located here:

https://mafiascrubs.forumotion.co.uk/h1-chat
Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inIRC ChatroomFacebook Page

New Layout

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Samafia
Founder
Founder
Samafia

Location : Don't. Really. You don't want to see me in your shower...

New Layout Empty
PostSubject: New Layout   New Layout EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 10:27 am

I worked pretty hard over the last couple of weeks to try and make the layout as appealing as possible.

I firstly wanted to ask you guys what you thought of the new layout, and whether you think there could be improvements of any sort. If you think the forum board is too cluttered or some of the buttons are horrible, or whatever, then this topic is for that sort of discussion!
Back to top Go down
https://mafiascrubs.forumotion.co.uk

New Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Layout   New Layout EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:49 pm

I must say I think the new post pictures are too big. Also the buttons at the top have a bad colour scheme IMO. I'd say make text blue to fit in with the website.
Back to top Go down
assassin
assassin

New Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Layout   New Layout EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 7:55 pm

I think that the size of the forums pictures are too big (that may be what Haibo meant), I also think that you should reduce the number of buttons across the top, maybe have drop down menus if possible, because groups and members could be linked, PMs and Profile, Home and Index and I don't think that the search function is necessary and I'm pretty sure new posts show up in the portal.
Back to top Go down
lustysaurus
lustysaurus

New Layout Empty
PostSubject: Just a thought...   New Layout EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:18 pm

I agree that the pictures next to the forum titles are too big (the hanging guy), but overall I think that the layout is very good. Maybe you could make the gap between the buttons at the top and the titles/rest of the website a little smaller too. I really like the logo as well.

Also, I don't know if its just me but I can't see the little icon next to global announcements.

Just a small thought: there is no favicon (the picture next to the url).;I don't know whether you could add that easily.
Back to top Go down
Samafia
Founder
Founder
Samafia

Location : Don't. Really. You don't want to see me in your shower...

New Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Layout   New Layout EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 7:34 am

lustysaurus wrote:
I agree that the pictures next to the forum titles are too big (the hanging guy), but overall I think that the layout is very good. Maybe you could make the gap between the buttons at the top and the titles/rest of the website a little smaller too. I really like the logo as well.

Also, I don't know if its just me but I can't see the little icon next to global announcements.

Just a small thought: there is no favicon (the picture next to the url).;I don't know whether you could add that easily.

On the favicon: I had added one a few days ago, but it seems to have gone. I can work on that.

On spacing: Do you happen to be using Adblock? There's an ad just under the buttons so if you're blocking it the space will seem pretty huge. If you aren't, I'm none the wiser.

The Global announcement button seems screwed up. I plan to redo most of the buttons including the Forum ones, however I made them big to declutter the main board a bit, as it looked a bit small and cramped without them. I can make them smaller if that's what the majority want.
Back to top Go down
https://mafiascrubs.forumotion.co.uk

New Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Layout   New Layout EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:43 pm

Make a poll. Btw good job on everything else and the relaunch. May I reccomend you email every account telling them the website's been rebooted?
Back to top Go down
lustysaurus
lustysaurus

New Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Layout   New Layout EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 5:15 pm

Samafia wrote:
On the favicon: I had added one a few days ago, but it seems to have gone. I can work on that.

On spacing: Do you happen to be using Adblock? There's an ad just under the buttons so if you're blocking it the space will seem pretty huge. If you aren't, I'm none the wiser.

The Global announcement button seems screwed up. I plan to redo most of the buttons including the Forum ones, however I made them big to declutter the main board a bit, as it looked a bit small and cramped without them. I can make them smaller if that's what the majority want.

Cool.

I am using Adblock, yes. That explains it.

And I agree with the poll idea.

Great website, good work!
Back to top Go down

New Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Layout   New Layout EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 6:26 pm

THE PICTURES ARE DEAD
*SCREAMS*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Layout   New Layout Empty